In the Master of Health Informatics (MHI) core courses, you will build knowledge of the healthcare system and master concepts in health policy, information science, behavioral, cognitive, and organizational science. You will develop methodological skills in high-powered analytics, systems analysis, planning, development, and implementation.
A central feature of the program is the internship experience through which you will:
- Develop skills required to create health information systems and resources that are truly useful to those who interact with them
- Develop a deeper understanding of the context and the goals of systems’ end users
- Develop the ability to translate system requirements into designs that are practical to implement and support
- Guide the development of systems that can accommodate the high rate of change that is characteristic of the health sector
- Integrate conceptual understanding of health issues with a strong ability to recognize unique information requirements in various settings